- U.S. Bank names new corporate controller November 14, 2019
U.S. Bank announced on Thursday that Lisa Stark will take on the role of corporate controller. She has been with the company since 2008. The post U.S. Bank names new corporate controller appeared first on HousingWire.
- Redfin: New-home sales prices fall as affordability improves in Q3 November 14, 2019
In the third quarter of the year, the nation’s home-sale prices fell by 1.5% from 2018 levels, coming in at a median of $370,300, according to a report from Redfin. The quarter’s decline, which now marks the biggest retreat since 2012, also represents the third consecutive quarter of price weakening. The post Redfin: New-home sales […]
- Going up: More residential skyscrapers being built November 14, 2019
More developers are building up instead of out, a new report from RentCafe says. Since 2010, mid-rise and high-rise construction gained in popularity. The post Going up: More residential skyscrapers being built appeared first on HousingWire.
- Veteran homelessness drops 2% in 2019 November 14, 2019
This year there are 793 more veterans with a roof over their heads, according to the Annual Homeless Assessment Report from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The report showed that in 2019, the number of veterans experiencing homelessness dropped by 2.1%. The post Veteran homelessness drops 2% in 2019 appeared first on […]
- Mortgage delinquencies fall to 25-year low November 14, 2019
The share of U.S. homeowners who were late paying mortgages fell to an almost 25-year low in the third quarter, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association. The post Mortgage delinquencies fall to 25-year low appeared first on HousingWire.
- An end to Fannie, Freddie conservatorship by 2022? November 14, 2019
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are on the path to exit conservatorship, a step that could come as soon as 2022. Federal Housing Finance Agency Director Mark Calabria is actively preparing the GSEs to exit conservatorship. Now that could come as soon as 2022 or even 2021. The post An end to Fannie, Freddie conservatorship […]
- Here are the best locations to have an investment property November 14, 2019
The ideal locations for investment properties are located in the Northeast region of the U.S., a new report from TurboTenant says. The post Here are the best locations to have an investment property appeared first on HousingWire.
- FHA capital level is the highest since 2007 November 14, 2019
The Federal Housing Administration’s flagship Mutual Mortgage Insurance Fund is in the best condition since before the financial crisis, with capital levels at the highest level since 2007. The post FHA capital level is the highest since 2007 appeared first on HousingWire.
- Freddie Mac: U.S. economic optimism spurs growth in mortgage rates November 14, 2019
This week, the average U.S. fixed rate for a 30-year mortgage rose to 3.75%. That’s 6 basis points above last week’s 3.69% but still more than a percentage point below the 4.94% of the year-earlier week, according to the Freddie Mac Primary Mortgage Market Survey. The post Freddie Mac: U.S. economic optimism spurs growth in […]
- Uh-oh: Borrowers’ satisfaction with their lender is falling as originations rise November 14, 2019
By all accounts, 2019 is going to end up being the best year for the mortgage business in at least three years, but is there appears to be a serious fly in the mortgage business’ ointment. A new survey shows that borrowers’ satisfaction with their lender dropped significantly in the second quarter as lenders struggled […]